Training and Skill Building
Computer Training Workshops
Positive Resource Center’s Employment Services Program offers a full spectrum of computer training classes, regardless of a client’s level of experience. We offer classes for beginners to gain basic computer skills and more advanced courses for those with some computer experience who want to improve their skills.
Clients who have never even turned on a computer can enroll in basic computer courses for first-timers. More advanced courses are available for those with some computer experience who want to improve their skills.
Students can choose from half-day classes through our FirstStep series, or NextStep, a comprehensive six-week Microsoft Office suite training.
To apply for the subsequent NextStep computer training series, please download the application and follow the instructions provided within.
In our state-of-the-art Computer Lab, a full-time Computer Training Coordinator offers regularly scheduled training classes in:
- Computer Basics
- Word Processing with Microsoft Word
- Spreadsheets with Microsoft Excel
- Database maintenance and development with Microsoft Access
- Presentation development with Microsoft PowerPoint
- Web Page design
- And more new programs added regularly!
Clients consult with their Service Coordinator before enrolling in computer classes. See our computer training calendar for complete program schedules.
The Stress Management workshop series is offered to support participants in the challenges they face as they consider employment and begin a job search.
- Stress Management Tips and Techniques: On the Job and Preparing to Get There
- Conflict Management: Strategies for Success in the Workplace
- Time Management: Skills For Life